Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dr. Sarasohn or future Betty Ford patient?

We had a food allergy incident yesterday.  We have no idea what it was, but out little guy was having a reaction to something he ate.  I needed to give him some Benadryl to help with the itching and rash he had.  He is not a fan of Benadryl, so I was surprised this morning when he told me this morning that he needed some medicine.

I was immediately worried that he ate something else, or that he was still reacting.  I asked him if he was itchy or if his throat was scratchy.  He told me that he was fine.

"Why do you need medicine?" I asked him.  "You don't like it, remember?"

"I just need some of the purple stuff."

The Benadryl is pink.  I reminded him of that. "It's cherry flavored," I told him.  "It's for the itching."

We discussed some more.  He finally explained to me that he wanted the crunchy purple medicine (Tylenol).  He has not taken Tylenol since he had Hand, Foot and Mouth.  I was surprised he remembered it.

"What is that one for?" He asked me.

"You take that one when you have a fever or a temperature."

Mal responded, "I think I have a fever."

I am wondering if I should be worried about his purple pill cravings.

1 comment:

  1. Don't let him go all Cheri Oteri on you! :-) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2LcKZlas9U

    ReplyDelete