Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ballin

Jake and I joke that Lailah is our only shot at having an athlete in the family.  So far, she is moving around earlier and faster than any of our other kids.  I know, some people's kids start walking at 9 months, but really, we have big lazy kids, so her ability to get around so well is impressive to us.  She crawls at a runners pace to get to her destination and then she stands up.  She is "walking" while holding onto things and has started to stand without holding on to anything for a few seconds.  (This happens a lot when she starts to clap and forgets that she needs to hands to do so.)  I like to watch her practice standing on the video monitor when she is in her crib.

While Lailah is a girl on the go, what she really likes to do it play ball.  She will stop on a dime if there is a ball in her sight.  It is on of the few words she says...and she says it a lot.  She is very good at playing catch and will throw the ball to you if you ask her to.  I venture to say she is better than Malachy at throwing.  I spend a lot of play time with her throwing the ball back and forth.  The whole time she chants "ball, ball, ball," and is so happy.  She will actually play catch with you for 5 minutes or so (which is a really long time for her).  We may need to get her in the backyard with a mit and a bat along with Malachy.

Is it too soon to hope for a college scholarship???



No comments:

Post a Comment