"I am going to turn into a raspberry mustache!
This is what Mal exclaimed after eating all of his raspberries at breakfast this morning. I laughed. He then said, "My sisters are going to turn into yougurt mustaches!"
I do believe he may be mixing a few phrases up. It was so cute, I almost didn't want to correct him.
I often tell him that he is going to turn into the food that he is eating a lot of. As in, "You have eaten so many pretzels, you are going to turn into one."
This weekend, he was picking and eating some of the strawberries that had ripened on the strawberry bush out back. He had strawberries all over his face. When he came in, I told him that he had a strawberry mustache.
I guess he thinks a mustache is when you have a lot of something.
I tried to explain the difference to him. He pondered what I had said and then looked up at me, "Mommy, what are you going to turn into?" ...and after a brief pause, the light bulb came on. "Mommy, you will turn into a coffee mustache!"
Nothing gets past that kid.
Brilliant! I am turning into a chuckle mustache.
ReplyDeletePS--The blog asked me to type in the security word "menchie." I was a little disappointed to see that it apparently refers to frozen yogurt (or Filipinas) & not being menschy.
ReplyDelete