| getting ready to put the pizza in the oven |
Sadly, I am going to have to admit that Mal doesn't like cheese. I have tried it all. Mac-n-cheese, grilled cheese, cheese dip, cheese on sandwiches, cheese hidden inside of things...and yesterday, I thought he would eat it for sure. We made pizza. All kids love pizza. Except Mal.
Mal loves cooking together. He will try just about anything if he has a part in cooking it. I should have known when he was grating the cheese and refused to taste it that he wouldn't like it. But then he sprinkled some on his pizza, and I had renewed hope. He covered it up with so many olives (and peppers and mushrooms...but mostly olives), I thought it would be lost under there and he would eat it.
| Not so sure after taking a bite |
The pizzas came out of the oven and Mal could hardly contain himself waiting to bite into his first pizza ever. He was so excited. But then came the look. He stopped chewing and looked completely unsure about the whole thing. He then picked all the olives off his pizza and asked to be excused from the table. I am crushed. How can a child of mine not like cheese?!?
I eventually convinced him to finish the pizza if I took off the cheese and wiped away the sauce (he also does not care for tomato). At least he enjoyed the olives and the crust.
No comments:
Post a Comment