THIS KID!
| So happy about eating peas |
About 9 months ago, we went through a phase in the house where we would change the lyrics to Twinkle, Twinke Little Star and Malachy thought it was the funniest thing ever. I used to sing it incorporating everyone's name. The verse for Tegan went like this (keep in mind, not much rhymes with Tegan):
Twinkle, twinkle, little Tegan.
How I hope you're not a vegan.
Little did I know that perhaps this may actually come true...
I challenge you to find another kid who gets as excited about a green vegetable as Tegan. I can set a plate of mango, pasta, chicken, cheese and broccoli in front of Tegan and she will devour the broccoli (or any other green veggie for that matter) and leave the rest behind while she signs for more vegetable. She goes nuts for anything green. She doesn't like fruits, with the exception of pears. Most of the foods that babies go for (sweet potatoes, butternut squash, applesauce) she will spit out. She also LOVES the taste of her reflux medicine, which every pharmacist and doctor tells me all kids hate. "Just get as much in her mouth as you can...or mix it with something else," they always tell me. Tegan loves it. I tasted it and can only describe it as peppermint schnapps with heavy overtones of jagermeister and ear wax. It is just plain disgusting. She gets excited when she sees the bottle come out. I swear she had the oddest palate of any baby...ever.
I can totally handle her being a vegetarian. In fact, it would probably make us all eat veg more often...but I really do hope she does not turn out to be a vegan. For now, I will take comfort in the fact that I have a kid who loves to eat veggies...and that she eats all her cheese as soon as the green vegetables run out.
No comments:
Post a Comment