I love throwing Tegan and Lailah in the crib together. Seeing them in there together makes me sad because it was not too long ago that they were small enough to both sleep in the crib together. It also makes me happy because I get to see them together.
During the day, the girls are not together as much as one would think. We have sleep problems galore, so they tent to nap at polar opposite times from one another. This means they are not hanging around with each other all the time. When the go see each other after a long stretch, each of their faces lights up and they are happy. ...but then they soon start fighting over a toy or start chasing their brother around.
But then I put them in the crib together for baby cage match. When I put them in separate cribs, they are relatively calm, but when they get in the same crib together they start acting like maniacs. The bounce around and "fall" over and over. They both love it when their sister falls on top of them. I used to sit there and cringe, sure that they would crash heads together and the play time would end in tears. It hasn't happened. They have this weird awareness of each others presence in the crib and while they are flailing around in a seemingly random and uncontrolled manner, they are totally aware of where the other one is.
Here is the cage match action from the other night. As always, the presence of the camera changes the game (they have to keep coming up and checking on the camera). It's still kind of funny to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment