Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Budding Bruce Springstein

...and you are probably thinking this is a post about Mal's musical talents.

No, it's about The Boss.

You will respect my authority
A typical day includes the following commands
Mommy, Why are you stopping the car?  You have to turn now.
Turn that knob right there.  No, not that one.
I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Daddy.
Find "Forget You" now (the song he can't seem to get enough of).  He doesn't understand that the radio almost exclusively plays Katie Perry and Lady Gaga right now.
Will you take my binky out of my mouth? (in a moment of weakness, I did.)  Thanks.  Now put it back in.
...and don't get me started on the beverage demands and what cup he specifies each beverage be served in.

He commands us all day long.  Most of the time we just laugh at him.  It's kind of absurd what he thinks he can control around here...but he tries.

Everyone has heard about the terrible two's.  Some people tell me it is all magically better at three.  Others say that three is worse than two.  All I can say is that the boundary testing is exhausting...and we are already tired.  It's tough.

All day long is a constant testing of the waters.  When you ask him to do anything, we hear lots of excuses:
I'm busy right now.
I just need to...
I'm trying to...
I'm cooooooommmmmmming.
I dream of a day when I can ask him to do something once and he actually does it.  I am starting to think that day will never come.

Did I mention it is exhausting?

Other day's though it is kind of amusing.  In addition to the stalling and the demanding and general boundary testing, we are also dealing with negotiating every point.
Me: You can have 1 chocolate chip (for going potty).
Mal; No, I want two.
Sometimes though, he down't quite get it.
Mal: Mommy, how many books can we read?
Me: three
Mal: No, two.

I guess I will not be bringing him on any car buying trips until he can get that negotiation thing right...then again, maybe the temper tantrums would be a good tactic too.

No comments:

Post a Comment