Saturday, June 4, 2011

Oh, why not?

Mal is a routine kid.  Every morning (or middle of the night as I like to refer to 5:30am), he gets up and comes into our room.  He then gets the green light to go into the fridge to retrieve his prepared cup of morning milk.  He comes back into the room and one of us (usually Jake) will open it for him.  He then declares that he wants to watch WordWorld.  Jake stumbles out of bed and turns on the TV with him and starts to get ready for his own day.  At some point while Mal is watching TV, he will get a diaper change, but we leave him in his PJ's until after breakfast since he continues to be the worlds messiest eater.  Also, being the routine person that he is, he usually freaks out if you try to change him before he has eaten since this is not the way it is done.

The other morning, I changed his diaper, but really lacked the energy to put him back in his footie pajamas (he has regular pajamas underneath).  I asked him, "Can I just leave the footie jammies off for the morning?"  I don't know what possessed me to ask.  He usually throws a fit and wants them to stay on (he is not much of a morning person...which is understandable when he is up so freaking early!).

But this particular morning, he actually paused and though about it.  "Hhhhhmmmmm," he said.  "Go for it!"

Go for it!  That was his answer?!?

And so we have adopted another saying that sounds ridiculous coming out of the mouth of an almost 3 year old kid.  I laughed, which woke me up a little and the morning was not as miserable as it had been 5 minutes earlier.

1 comment: