| Lailah proud to show off her standing |
After getting Lailah into her jammies, I put her in her crib for a little milk and wind down time before bed. Lailah uses her crib as a practice pad. When she was learning to stand up, I used to watch her on the monitor stand up and then practice letting go to safely fall over and over and over again. When she started cruising, it was in her crib that she perfected her moves.
While I was getting Tegan dressed in her jammies, I heard Lailah giggling in her crib. I looked back to see what was so funny. When I turned around, Lailah was standing in the middle of her crib. She was focused on the end of the crib. He knees did a little bend and then she took two steps to get to the other side of the crib.
Lailah took two steps!!! I couldn't believe my eyes. She looked like she couldn't believe it either. She was so pleased with herself and was so proud when I looked over at her. I can't wait until she really gets her walking down.
Wait until Tegan gets mobile and you want to get them all in one place. It will be like trying to herd cats.
ReplyDeleteThe day will come when you won't be so excited that you 3 running children. Enjoy the moment. I'm very proud of her
ReplyDeleteOh Dad, make no mistake about it: Tegan is VERY mobile. She is just not upright when moving. Walking will just mean I have less stain stick on the knees of pants and less hand washing. I wish they had waited a little longer to crawl.
ReplyDelete