Jake was looking for something that was in my diaper bag.
Me: "It's in the top front pocket in the..."
Jake: "Yeah, yeah, I got it,"
A few seconds later he burst into the girls room where I was changing Lailah, with the diaper bag in hand, frustrated that he could not find what he was looking for.
I went to the top front pocket, flipped it open and pulled the Happy Hollow membership card out of the card holder in the pocket.
A "discussion" followed where I said something to the extend of, "If you would just listen to me..."
A few seconds later, Mal came into the room.
"Daddy didn't listen to you did he Mommy?"
I laughed, "Not exactly."
Mal runs back into the kitchen.
"Daddy, you have to listen to Mommy. How come you didn't listen to Mommy? Mommy is the boss. You have to listen to Mommy."
Jake says nothing, but I can feel his annoyance from the other room.
Mal reappears in the girls room.
"Mommy, I told Daddy he has to listen to you."
"OK." I am trying not to encourage his bossiness, but I am also completely amused.
Mal runs back to the kitchen.
"Daddy, go say you are sorry to Mommy for not listening to her."
Jake is grumbling now, "I'm not apologizing..." grumble, grumble.
Clearly he thinks I put Malachy up to this. I am laughing out loud in the other room.
Mal runs back in again.
I decide to put an end to it before Jake actually got mad at me.
"But Mooooooom. Daddy has to say sorry. He has to listen to you."
It took everything in me not to keep it going just a little longer. I kind of enjoyed him having my back.
A "discussion" followed where I said something to the extend of, "If you would just listen to me..."
A few seconds later, Mal came into the room.
| Are you listening to me? |
I laughed, "Not exactly."
Mal runs back into the kitchen.
"Daddy, you have to listen to Mommy. How come you didn't listen to Mommy? Mommy is the boss. You have to listen to Mommy."
Jake says nothing, but I can feel his annoyance from the other room.
Mal reappears in the girls room.
"Mommy, I told Daddy he has to listen to you."
"OK." I am trying not to encourage his bossiness, but I am also completely amused.
Mal runs back to the kitchen.
"Daddy, go say you are sorry to Mommy for not listening to her."
Jake is grumbling now, "I'm not apologizing..." grumble, grumble.
Clearly he thinks I put Malachy up to this. I am laughing out loud in the other room.
Mal runs back in again.
I decide to put an end to it before Jake actually got mad at me.
"But Mooooooom. Daddy has to say sorry. He has to listen to you."
It took everything in me not to keep it going just a little longer. I kind of enjoyed him having my back.
O.K. I can understand where he get's the bossiness. "She's not the boss of me" was a phrase used often in our house. The boy's response to Shay's "Bossiness". But I really don't get the cheese thing. If there was an item we could put cheese on we did. Remember the deep fried broccoli cheese balls ? At least it had a vegetable somewhere in it.
ReplyDelete