When Mal got sick, he started growling at me. He also grunts. He gets frustrated and he barks, grunts and growls. Like a wild animal. He is not sick anymore and he is still doing it. I hate, hate, hate it and it takes every fiber of my being not to lock him in his room every time he does it. I am taking the ignoring approach to see if it goes away, but for now, I find it to be the most unpleasant thing about him.
On a more positive note, the city delivered the dumpsters early this morning for the neighborhood trash day. Malachy came in from watching them unload the dumpsters from the trucks onto the street yelling, "Mom, it was so COOL." Then a few minutes later while he was watching his morning TV, I heard him turn to his dad and say, "That was fun. Looking at the dumpsters." He was watching TV, but he was remembering how cool it was to look at the trucks.
After breakfast, he spent the morning helping Jake and grandpa bring stuff out to the dumpsters. He was so content to be a helper. Later, the giant dumpster trucks arrived again on our street to haul away the now full dumpsters. Mal stood there again, wide eyed as the giant hook dragged the dumpster close to the bed of the truck and raised it up onto the platform.
Jake had told me that when they went out to watch the trucks in the morning, our next door neighbor Kirkwood and another neighbor were also standing outside watching. Having seen both of these grown men watching the garbage trucks with us on trash day, I can't help but think, this fascination with trucks is never going to get old with Mal.
No comments:
Post a Comment