| Getting in a little snuggling and extra binky time while sick. |
Our Little man is still down. When we went on Friday, the doctor did not actually swab Mal's throat for strep. He was not exactly in the most cooperative mood. Based on the symptoms and our battle with strep in the house, we all just assumed that was what it was. We learned that when a doctor says antibiotics don't help a virus, they are actually telling the truth. All the pains we went through to get him to take his medicine resulted in zero improvement to his condition.
This weekend was not too fun. Mal was hungry, but practically nothing was comfortable for him to eat. He would ask for something, we would give it to him, he would take a bite and then cry. We finally figured out that he could eat mango sorbet. I let him eat as much as he wanted. As he was eating his last bowl of ice cream, he called out for his grandpa (who is here visiting).
| Ice Cream for every meal |
Howard: "yes Malachy."
Mal: "Grandpa, I'm sorry to call you, but we need to go to the store for more ice cream." (I'm not making this sentence up)
While his grandpa was more than willing to go out and get him more, we decided that the pint he had already eaten was enough for the day.
| Future Dr. Sarasohn??? |
When the doctor left, I gave him lots of praise so being so good in the office.
He told me, " I opened my mouth for the doctor."
"Yes," I told him. "That was great."
Then he got serious. "But I did not do it for Dr. Gruver."
How does he remember the other doctors name?!?
The new diagnosis is Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. Malachy lost 2 pounds between Friday and today. He is uncharacteristically grumpy...and the laying around listing to music phase is over. There is no treatment, so we are just waiting for it to resolve.
In the mean time, I think we need to get to the store for some more ice cream.
No comments:
Post a Comment