Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Celebration #1

The day after Passover, we went to an Easter Party / Egg hunt with our play group.  
Finding an egg!
It was pretty adorable to see so many kids together.  We went to an egg hunt with the same group of kids last year, and it was so fun to see how much more into it they were this year.  I have to say, my excitement about Easter shocked me.  It has pretty much been a non event for me ever since I realized the Easter Bunny wasn't real.  This year, Mal was into it, and it was fun.  

Stickers!
As for Mal's take on the day, I would say it was a good primer for Mal to warm up for the main event.  He didn't quite understand the mentality of getting as many eggs as you can and he really wanted to start opening them after getting about two.  It was also a little tough since he is really bad at looking for things.  He would literally stare at an egg and ask me where there were more (I am sure he gets this from Jake).  Since he can't really enjoy most of the "surprises" in the eggs, I brought a few filled with treats he could have. Once he opened up his eggs and saw there were treats for him, he could not wait to get them all opened as quickly as possible.  

All in all, a morning of running around a big back yard with friends and then gorging himself with treats proved to be a wonderful morning for Malachy and really got him excited about the real deal on Sunday.
Look, another egg!



The kids frantically digging through their baskets for
the goodies.
Some post sugar rush playing

2 comments: