It was bath time and I was talking to the girls about their upcoming tub time. Malachy was protesting. I asked him, "Why don't you want your sisters to have a bath?"
He was actually upset that I was not including him in the bath too.
When I asked him if he wanted to take a bath with his sisters, he protested some more.
At this point, I was a little frustrated. He didn't want them to bathe without him, but he didn't want a bath with them.
Sensing my frustration, he explained:
"I don't want to take a bath with two babies. I want to take a bath with Lollies only or Tigi's only, but not both girls because when there are two babies in the bath with me, we all have to touch and they take my toys and eat my bathtub (referring to the plastic bathtub for the Elmo bath toy he has)."
I had to laugh. I thought that was pretty high order thinking for a 2 year old.
All 3 ended up in the bath together, but Mal made sure to position himself in a way that made it tough to get to his toys.
| Mal is trying to box out Lailah |
---------------------------
As mentioned many times before, Mal loves to help out around the house and with his little sisters. During dinner last night, I gave T&L some spoons to "eat" with so they would stop trying to grab the spoon I was feeding them with. Tegan dropped her spoon. Mal eagerly ran around to pick it up and give it back to her. A little later, she dropped it again. I asked him to pick it up, and again, he jumped at the opportunity to help, only this time he told Tegan:
"OK Tegan, I will pick up your spoon for you this time, but if you drop it again, I am not picking it up, OK? You will lose your spoon."
------------------------------
As much as I lament the fact that he never stops talking, at least he has lots of funny stuff to say to make up for it.
Heh--I see that Mal has doffed his Mal-wear. :-)
ReplyDeleteMargot just hipped me to the existence/location of this blog. Looking forward to checking out more!