Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Lailah and Tegan at 9 months old

How are the girls 9 months old already (as of April 6th)?!?  The idea to start this blog came up because the girls were 6 months old and I couldn't remember the much of anything that happened while they were growing those 6 months. Now we have hit the 9 month mark, and I think I remember a little bit more, but it is still going way to fast.  They are so absolutely adorable right now.  I want to savor how they are and ask them to slow down a little bit.
Doctor's office paper is yummy
We went to the doctor last week for their 9 month check up.  They are healthy and very normal girls.  We grow them big in this family.   While they are not off the charts big like Malachy was, they do pretty well for themselves in the height and weight percentiles.  I want to write a snapshot of who they are today and what they are up to, but they are each so different, I'll do separate ones.  As a side note, the doctors office with both of them is pretty tough to do solo as Lailah wants to crawl everywhere and hates being confined.  ...just when I thought it was getting easier.

Together, they are pure joy.  They love being with each other, and they still love Malachy.  They play together, and it is one of the cutest things you can possibly see.  They have games they like to play with each other.  One we have named, Steal the Fuffy.  Tegan will take Lailah's fuffy and start to eat it and wave it around.  Lailah will steal it back and do the same thing, causing Tegan to giggle wildly.  Tegan then steals it back, causing Lailah to giggle and they go back and forth.  Sadly, any time I try to film it, they catch me and stop.  I have a short clip of it here, but Lailah is also showing early signs of ADHD now that she can move and she spends no more than 5 seconds on any one activity (unless you count crying in the middle of the night).

They also like to copy one another.  Tegan will move her arms up and down and Lailah will start to do the same thing.  This is apparently funny.  They also try to play though the slats in their crib, keeping one another awake.  This has become very problematic and is not so cute (well, it is cute, but they it turns ugly when they are not sleeping).

It is getting easier with them.  I was wondering if I would ever be able to say that.  Each stage of development brings new challenges, and they are still not sleeping through the night, and we are zombies, but it is easier (either that, or we have just gotten used to it).  Or maybe we are just so smitten with them both that all the tough stuff doesn't even matter.  They really are THAT cute.

Summaries of each of my perfect little piggies will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment