Friday, April 8, 2011

Messy Eating


It's messy, but the girls really like to eat finger foods.  I think they much prefer to eat themselves over eating purees.  The problem is that it's messy...and there are 2 of them to clean up afterwards.  They ended up in the tub after this meal ?(which included a full avocado between the 2 of them), but that isn't something we can do after each meal.

As they eat more and more, their taste in food shows itself.  They are a little pickier than they were before (and MUCH more finicky than Mal ever was).  Tegan will eat most foods, but has quite a few foods she does not like.  She also has a problem with a lot of texture in food and ends up gagging when we feed her anything too "slimy" (like mashed avocado, bananas, peaches).  Lailah still prefers eating her solids over drinking a bottle, and is very good at feeding herself finger foods.  I am fairly certain that I could just feed her what we eat at this point and she would be OK...but the LAST thing I need to be doing is making 4 different meals a night.

For now, I will continue to have fun trying new foods on them.  They show no signs of having allergies (yay!)...and I guess we have a lots more baths in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment