Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The art of sharing

Eyeballing each others toy
Well, it was bound to happen.  The girls got into it with each other.  Up until this point, it has been amazing to watch them knock each other over (unintentionally), claw at each others faces, bite, drool and smash without so much as a whimper.  That was before the battle of the spiky ball.

Going for both balls
Lailah was sitting playing with the green spiky ball.  Tegan crawled right over and snatched it right away from her and then moved over to the side to play with the ball herself.  Lailah crawled back over, snatched the ball away from Tegan (while Tegan tried in vain to maintain her grasp on it).  After securing the ball, Lailah looked at Tegan and let out a primal yell. I do not yet speak their twin language, but I am pretty sure she gave her the business.  (no more playoff hockey games for these girls).  Tegan yelled back and they have a short conversation similar to the youtube video sensation:
I found another ball to appease Tegan...but then they wanted both balls.  Eventually they figured out that they were better off just focusing on their own ball, but they played very apart and were each pretty guarded to make sure that ball didn't get away.
Happy Again
Malachy has also started pre-emptively grabbing toys from the girls as they start to crawl towards them.  He grabs them and then puts them somewhere out of reach from the girls.  When I called him on it, he told me that he needed them because he was going to want to play with them. (even though he was not currently playing).  hhhmmmmmm....

I knew it was going to happen...I'm just not sure I am ready for it.  I guess I don't really have a choice.  The turf wars have begun.



*sigh*

1 comment:

  1. Next they're going to be selling crack to fuel their turf wars and gun stock up.

    ReplyDelete