Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Ay, yo Angela!

A conversation between Mal and Gillian:

M: Do you know who's the boss?
     (cue me snickering from the other room)
G: What???
M: I'm not the boss and you are not the boss.  Mommy is the boss.

This stemmed from an earlier conversation after a trip to Trader Joe's.  I was particularly tired today and the Starbucks across the parking lot was calling my name.  Mal was clearly thirsty too because he asked me for a "tall iced water".  The line at the drive through was long, so I told Mal we were going to walk in instead of drive through.

"No!" he protested.  "I want to go in the swagger wagon and talk to the sign!"
To which I replied, "Well, you know who the boss is?"
silence
I continued, "I am the boss and that means we are walking to the coffee store and going in to order."
There were no more protests.  I would like to say it was his respect for my authority, but I think it was the lure of a tall iced water that had him going along with my plan.

His final words to Gillian were, "Yup.  Mommy is the boss. That means we have to do what she says."

Oh...if only that were actually true.

No comments:

Post a Comment