Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I am trying to figure out how they could be so happy about being awake at 5am.
I know I have said other parts of parenting are "the worst", but really, this is the worst.  I don't handle the 5am wake up call too well.  It doesn't matter what time we put them to bed.  They wake up at 5am...well, Lailah does and then it wakes up Tegan...or Mal wakes up and clomps through our loud echoing house and it wakes up both of them.  It's a nightmareish domino effect that results in 3 kids full of energy enthusiastic about being awake and 2 parents, with no energy and remarkably less excitement about being awake.

I swear, if they weren't so freaking cute...

1 comment:

  1. Clearly this proves the theory of evolution. If they weren't so darn cute, kids would never make it through their first year of life! But every time you're at your wits' end, they give you a big ol' sparkly grin and you're right back in the palm of their hands.

    ReplyDelete