Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Holey Mole-y

Malachy has a lot of funny quirks. One of them is that he does not like to wear shorts or short sleeves or be barefoot. It's been pretty warm here the past few days, but Malachy is insisting on wearing long sleeves. Every time I put him in a short sleeve shirt, he beggs for me to put a shirt on him that covers his arms. He is equally skeptical of shorts and bare feet (you would think we were Amish or something...)

He is also really into moles. He has one on his arm and he loves to mention it to people while asking them if they have a mole and where it is.

What do these two things have to do with one another? I finally convinced him to wear short sleeves by pointing out the fact that he would more easily be able to see his mole.  (Mom genius, right?)  He spent the entire day pointing out his mole and then asking to see everyone elses.  Maybe a budding dermatologist???

Aside from not having to worry about him overheating, the best part of this story is that he wanted to wear his Cubs shirt. I was so happy that I took him out for an extra long walk.

We stopped at a lawn covered with weeds and enjoyed another fun summer kid activity, picking dandelions and blowing the seeds around or popping the heads off. I hope our neighbors appreciate their dandelion free yard.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. I was held in suspense wondering whether this post concerned moles (rodents), moles (on skin), or mole (Mexican sauce)--or some freaky combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmmmmm mole. I am craving some Mexican food now.

    ReplyDelete