Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Pay Attention Mom

Last night, I was getting the girls into their pajamas.  Lailah was on the changing table and Tegan was crawling around on the floor hovering around the temporarily exposed electrical outlet.  Malachy was running around like a maniac.

I started to get Lailah dressed and slipped a onesie over her head.  I had my eye on Tegan the whole time.  She was hanging out near the fan that we had in their room from when it was hot.  It was plugged in and the outlet, cord and blades for the fan were all a danger to her.  To make it worse, Mal kept turning the fan off and on.  Tegan was determined to get her fingers in the holes to touch the blades.  I continued to get Lailah dressed while watching Tegan and Mal.  I can pretty much dress a kid with my eyes closed anyway.  I had the onesie over her head and one arm in, but the second arm was a bit of a struggle to get into the hole.  I looked down to see why she was being so difficult.  I had stuck her leg trough the arm hole!  She didn't seem to mind, but it did explain why getting her dressed was so tough.  I wish it was not so hectic at the time.  She looked pretty funny.  Of course she was looking up at me with that huge grin, oblivious to the mistake her crazy mother had made.

Oh to be that flexible...

No comments:

Post a Comment