Mal and cousin Ruthie have a special relationship. They both really look forward to seeing each other. Mal is so excited the day before they hang out that he has a hard time sleeping. When they hang out they are in this happy little world and play nicely in there little kid voices. They sleep in the same room together. They also have this weird sibling physical resemblance even though they are just cousins. They are both left handed, and they both love baths. I don't know how long this will last but, I really enjoy being around them when they are together.
The day before mothers' day in Sacramento, they were in the bath together as usual. Ellen was in there with them and for no reason, Mal started crying his eyes out. I went in there and we couldn't figure out what happened. Did you bonk? no Did you bite your lip? no Did you want that toy? no. Whatever. We drained the bath and they both stepped out. As I was drying Mal off, in the other room, I decided to broach the subject again.
Dad: Why were you crying in the bath?
Mal: Because Ruthie was singing the cookie song.
now I have to work really hard to stifle my laughter
Dad: What's wrong with the cookie song? by now Mal's lip is quivering again and he is headed for another meltdown
Mal: Sometimes people don't like the cookie song.
I let it go there. I didn't want to upset him anymore and I figured if it was that bad then I didn't want to delve any more into a memory so horrible as the cookie song.
Dad: What's wrong with the cookie song? by now Mal's lip is quivering again and he is headed for another meltdown
Mal: Sometimes people don't like the cookie song.
I let it go there. I didn't want to upset him anymore and I figured if it was that bad then I didn't want to delve any more into a memory so horrible as the cookie song.
No comments:
Post a Comment