| After wiping up watermelon juice all day we ask little man to take his treasure outside to eat |
Cut to the next morning. I forgot to cut into it after dinner as Ellen walked to 7-11 and grabbed 3 pints of B&J for us. I like watermelon, but 98% of the time I like B&J a little bit more. Mal and Ruthie saw the melon on the counter and immediately started begging to have watermelon for breakfast. As soon as I started cutting into it, the wolves attacked.
| Lining up the fallen watermelon pieces |
Together they had 15 pieces before we cut them off. They had a few more with actual breakfast and then a ton more after lunch.
As if we didn't have enough watermelon...we went to a BBQ later in the day. There were 2 watermelon salads that people brought. While I had some, I did not point them out to Mal. We have a whole watermelon eating summer ahead of us.
We had watermelon, too! Even Mamie did...of course I forced her, but that's beside the point! She gobbled it up like the rest of us! No one can resist watermelon! Well, unless you're allergic, but that would also mean you'd be allergic to water...which is crazy! That's like being allergic to air! ...hmm, I don't remember what I was saying. I'm done. ....Yes. Done. :)
ReplyDelete<3
I've been eating watermelon all weekend. If you eat enough at one sitting you can count it as a meal ! Go Mal ! Grandma will be right there with you!
ReplyDelete