The story, as I am told, goes something like this.
My brother Sean was born when I was a few weeks shy of 2. The age difference between us is almost identical to the age difference between Mal and the girls. When my parents brought him home, I was curious or jealous or just plain confused. What ever the feeling, I was not sure what to make of this new baby in the house. Apparently one day I bit his fingers. (thirty something years later, the story is told that I almost bit his fingers off...but I think maybe things have been exaggerated). My mom likes to spin it and say that I was just trying to figure out if he was real.
Well, it turns out, he was indeed a real baby, with a good set of lungs. He screamed. I ran and my mom found me under my crib.
There is some saying about getting back what you gave to your parents...
After our walk this morning, Mal was "entertaining" his sisters in the stroller while I made some bottles for them. From the kitchen, I heard a blood curling scream from Tegan. Tegan does not scream unless she really means business. I ran into the living room to find Mal "hiding" on the couch. Tegan was crying (real tears), which caused Lailah to cry as well. Mal reeked of guilt, but would not tell me what happened, so I sent him to his room. After calming down the girls, Mal came out of his room to fess up to his crime.
"I bited Tegan," he told me.
I then told him to hightail it back to his room for time out. I am now wondering if he is going to fess up to anything ever again.
I am also really hoping this is not a sign that my kids really are going to give everything I gave my parents back to me...
lol poor Teagen, poor Mal. Poor La...
ReplyDelete