They came out the shoot eating very differently. Lailah basically didn't want to eat. Tegan couldn't get enough. When it came time for solid food, Lailah embraced it enthusiastically, Tegan remains skeptical about most food (but she is a pig, so she does eat).
A few days ago, I gave them some tofu to eat. It was the silken kind, so it was a little soft for them to pick up, but despite her relative lack of fine motor skills,Tegan managed to pick up the chunks and put them in her mouth one by one. Lailah (who has excellent fine motor skills) however, embraced the whole sensory experience and relished in squishing every piece in between her fingers and rubbing it all around her tray and in her hair. I thought she had eaten quite a bit, but then I picked her up and found out where most of it had ended up. *sigh* She needed a bath and I needed to sweep yet again.
| Exhibits A and B Who knew broccoli could be so messy? |
Go ahead and compare, they're always changing what you should and shouldn't do anyway :P.
ReplyDelete