While he was not playing with me, he does sound like he has a "friend" he is reading to. It's actually a little creepy sounding...but heck, it gave me enough time to drink a cup of coffee so we could play some more together.
Another blog with endless musings on the fantastic-ness of our kids...however it is probably only fantastic if you are the parent, or grandparent of said children.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
I was feeding the girls breakfast this morning, and things were eerily calm. Malachy had decided that he was not hungry for breakfast yet. The boy is far from starving, so I did not push the issue. When things were so calm for so long, I peered over the purple chair, into the living room to catch a glimpse of something akin to Bigfoot sighting: Malachy was playing by himself!
I have heard of such things happening, but I did not think it was real. Around here, all play involves mom or dad or a friend. The first time Mal had a friend over and they played by themselves, Jake and I almost didn't want to move for fear of having them stop. But then his friend left, and we were back to being his primary toy. It's not all horrible, he is pretty fun, but there is not enough caffeine in the world that would help me keep up with the amount of energy he has.
While he was not playing with me, he does sound like he has a "friend" he is reading to. It's actually a little creepy sounding...but heck, it gave me enough time to drink a cup of coffee so we could play some more together.
While he was not playing with me, he does sound like he has a "friend" he is reading to. It's actually a little creepy sounding...but heck, it gave me enough time to drink a cup of coffee so we could play some more together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment