When Malchy was first born, Shay and I read that kids sleep better when they have a bedtime wind-down routine. We decided his routine would consist of a bath, books, milk, and a song. As a counterpoint to mom always providing the milk, we decided I would be the bath person. Since then, I would say that conservatively I have given Malachy 500 baths. Mal loves the water and we have a ton of fun in the bath. We invent games, splash each other, play with toys, and sing songs. There are a number of songs that we have composed specifically for the bath. The most famous one is "Bathtime for Buggles". It is a march you sing while chasing each other through the house to the bath. There is also "Water Trickles", and "Glub Glub Glub Goes the Fish". Our favorite games are peek a boo, pie face, which one do you like?, crazy face, and pull the plug. We don't always have fun exciting times in the bath, I have also fallen asleep leaning against the side of the tub from total exhaustion. On the other hand, I can never remember any crying in the bathtub. Since we both enjoy bath time so much my plan is to write a series of blog entries about the bath.
Another blog with endless musings on the fantastic-ness of our kids...however it is probably only fantastic if you are the parent, or grandparent of said children.
Friday, May 13, 2011
Bath Time
When Malchy was first born, Shay and I read that kids sleep better when they have a bedtime wind-down routine. We decided his routine would consist of a bath, books, milk, and a song. As a counterpoint to mom always providing the milk, we decided I would be the bath person. Since then, I would say that conservatively I have given Malachy 500 baths. Mal loves the water and we have a ton of fun in the bath. We invent games, splash each other, play with toys, and sing songs. There are a number of songs that we have composed specifically for the bath. The most famous one is "Bathtime for Buggles". It is a march you sing while chasing each other through the house to the bath. There is also "Water Trickles", and "Glub Glub Glub Goes the Fish". Our favorite games are peek a boo, pie face, which one do you like?, crazy face, and pull the plug. We don't always have fun exciting times in the bath, I have also fallen asleep leaning against the side of the tub from total exhaustion. On the other hand, I can never remember any crying in the bathtub. Since we both enjoy bath time so much my plan is to write a series of blog entries about the bath.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment