Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Things that don't happen when you only have one baby

This morning Tegan had a monster blowout diaper.

What I thought was a simple diaper changing procedure turned into a delicate operation where I had to juggle a squirmy baby and a lot of poop all while trying to take off a snug onesie also full of poop.  The goal was to remove the onesie without having a head full of poop.

After getting the diaper part off, I loosely bundled it up and put it in the diaper pail.  This is where I made a horrible mistake.  I did not flip the diaper down in the pail.  I was too occupied with keeping poop covered Tegan from falling off the changing table and I really wanted to get that onesie off.

So, there I was playing poop Jenga balancing Tegan on one hand and trying to slip the poopie onesie over her when Lailah comes cruising right over to the diaper pail.  Lailah loves to eat diapers...and this must have been the diaper jackpot for her.  Before I could even utter a word, she had picked the diaper up, squished her fingers into it and jammed it into her mouth.  When I say Lailah will eat anything, I guess it really does mean she will eat anything.

I am certain this does not happen to people with just one baby.

1 comment:

  1. "Poop Jenga" FTW! Brilliant.

    Now, excuse me while I hurl.

    (FWIW, I have the "Keep Calm & Carry On" graphic on my laptop: http://www.gelaskins.com/gallery/GelaSkins/Keep_Calm)

    ReplyDelete