| The evidence |
Potty training was waaaaaayyyy to easy. It took about a week (excepting the minor set backs while traveling to Fresno while potty training)...and even in that week, I would say we had 2 days of accidents. The rest of the week was more about the pain of having to make Mal sit on the potty all the time. Since then, I feel a little guilty saying, it has been easy. He tells us when he has to go, he goes by himself and about 1/2 the time he cleans out the potty by himself.
The one down side to potty training though has been all the talk of poop. We're still celebrating poops...and frankly, sitting in front of a poop laying in the bottom of a potty chair cheering wildly is not the most exciting way to spend any part of my day. This poop praising ritual is only made worse by Mal's need to chat in detail about every detail.
"Mommy, I have something to show you!" Mal calls out from the bathroom after pooping. He proudly stands up. "Check it out!"
"Oh wow, that is great. Look at that. Good work. What a great poop."
"Want to look at it?"
"No."
"Want to smell it?"
"No"
"Look, it is kind of brownish and blueish (it's blueberry season)"
silence
"What do you think it looks like?"
"Mal, let's flush it and wash hands."
"I think it looks like a big snake."
"Let's wash up."
"A big brown and blue snake."
"Mal, I am going now. Flush and wash."
"Or maybe a brown snake covered up with a blue blanket."
...I could go on, but I suspect I have already shared more than enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment