Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Feeding time at the aquarium

Another day, another adventure...
Take a picture of the jellies, not me!

I hadn't been the the Monterrey Bay Aquarium for years.  It is one of my favorite places.  I was so happy to be able to go today with Malachy for his first time.  We went with Grandpa, Auntie Sara, Ruthie and Jacob.  It was every bit as wonderful as I had remembered it being.  More importantly, Mal loved it too.






Waiting for the feeding to start

We started with the jellies (which Mal keeps calling the octopus') and then watched the feeding time in the big tank.  Mal was very patient as we got there 15 minutes early to get a spot right in front and then watched the whole feeding.  He liked the big ugly sun fish.  The feeding was really cool.  As many questions as I asked, I can't figure out what was going through his head as he watched all the fish of different shapes and sizes dart around eating other fish.  He has never seen anything like that before.  What was he thinking?

Touching the starfish

LOVING the water crashing over head














After a nice lunch in the nice warm seaside air, we went back in to the touch pools where Mal got to touch the starfish, and kelp and urchin.  While the fish were nice, Mal's favorite activity at the aquarium was the tide pool dome where the waves crash over the plexi-glass you can stand under.  This visit was all about Mal, so I was happy to stand there with him for 1/2 hour, squealing each and ever time the waves crashed over our heads. 

I can't wait to get back there with him again.


1 comment:

  1. I wish I was there to see his face watching all of the new and exciting things. He will have such wonderful memories. So will you.

    ReplyDelete