Friday, July 15, 2011

Only one baby left

I only have one baby left.  The count now stands at 2 toddlers and one baby.  I said I would much prefer the girls walking to crawling, but now that it has happened, I am kind of sad.  Lailah is a walker.

Those of you who saw us just a few days ago, may be surprised.  She wasn't really walking more than a couple steps here and there on Saturday.  It's like she woke up after all the birthday hubbub and decided crawling was for babies.  Surely a one year old should be walking.

So that's what she does.  She walks.  Pretty much every chance she gets, she walks rather than crawls.  She is so proud of herself.  She loves walking to me for the praise and hugs and kisses she gets...and I like giving them to her.  I realized today that I should probably try to capture some of her early toddles.  Knowing Lailah, it won't be long before she does nothing but run everywhere.

I give to you, the amazing, walking Lailah:



As a side note, Malachy is pretty excited about her walking too and wants to give her a "reward" for walking to him.  The scream of terror is not actually from Lailah, but from Tegan in the other room (probably upset that she was trapped in her high chair and not participating in what looked like an epic wrestling match).

...and more of the Amazing Lollipop
I'm so sad, but so proud of her.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I was just there ! It hasn't been even a week ! When we left Sunday Lolly was doing the 2 step shuffle. And we were all amazed with that. Now she looks like she's ready for her first marathon ! It really does all happen SO fast ! Give her a big round of applause and lot's of kisses for me !!

    ReplyDelete