Tuesday, July 26, 2011

A Sunday morning at the Bagel Store, according to Malachy

The other day Mal and I walked over to the House of Bagels for a morning treat.  While we were sitting on the patio enjoying our snacks, he started doing something cute which led the table next to us to comment on how adorable he is (or at least that is what my "mom ears" heard them say).

After exchanging pleasantries with the other table, I turned back around to talk to Mal and he leaned over to me and said, "Mom, tell them 'This is my son Malachy.'"

I laughed.  A lot.  He repeated himself.  I guess he wanted an intro.

I turned back to the table next to us and introduced my son Malachy.  After his introduction, Mal took it upon himself to tell them that he was 2 and was going to be 3 in August and that he had two sisters, Tegan and Lailah.  He then told then what he was eating and a few other things.  They all talked for a little while and then he pet their dog.  It was not unlike most outings where Mal chats with random people and pets random animals.

This morning, he was telling his dad that there were lots of ladies with dogs at the Bagel Store (there were a lot of dogs the day we went).  He then proceeded to tell Jake that we were talking to the table next to us while there.  The story went something like this:

"So...umm...OK...Mom and I just walked to the Bagel store.  There were like a lot of ladies with dogs at the bagel store.  Mommy was talking to some people.  They were all 'blah, blah, blah' and then Mommy was like 'blah, blah, blah and stuff like that'.  And then they were just laughing and I was like, what are you laughing at?" (he was gesturing emphatically while telling the story)

Jake asked him how I laughed and he did a horrible impersonation of my laugh (or at least I hope it was horrible).

I guess Charles Schwartz knew what he was talking about.  All adult conversation sounds like 'blah, blah, blah'.  Also, Mal talks like an Italian valley girl.  Gag me.

No comments:

Post a Comment