Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Three of everything

The other day I was lamenting about all of the tiny nails I clip all day long.  It seems like the minute I finish trimming nails, someone scratches me...or themselves and I start the nail trimming train all over again.  With most of the kiddie maintenance activities, I put the kids in a row and move them along like an assembly line.  Kid nails grow fast, so I am always rimming them...at least it feels that way.

The past couple of days, there is a lot of nose wiping.  All of the kids have colds and so there are a lot of boogers to wipe up and suction out.  Tegan likes the suction, but hates the wiping.  Lailah of course is the opposite and likes the wiping, but not the suction.  Malachy, in typical 2 year old fashion wants to do everything "myself" or not at all.  I have caught him on more than one occasion picking up the snot sucker and then eyeballing Tegan and Lailah.
The medieval snot sucking device
The colds have turned my otherwise happy and pleasant babies into little balls of misery.  The girls want to be held most of the time, so when there is one of me, and two of them, this poses a problem.  Enter baby carriers.  During a bout of fussiness yesterday, I busted out 2 baby carriers at the same time.  While it was not optimally comfortable (there is another carrier much better suited to double baby wearing), it did the trick and the fussiness stopped (until it was time to take them out at least).

Malachy, upon seeing the girls strapped to me announced to Jake that I had a baby backpack.  He then needed to wear his backpack too.  Here is a picture of our backpacks (note, Malachy does not cooperate for pictures anymore, so he is rarely, if ever, looking at the camera...in fact, I can tell he consciously tries not to look at it on purpose):

A family of sherpas
With backpacks on, we took a little stroll and fended off yet another case of the fussies.  Let's hope these colds end soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment