Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Breakfast Conversation

Malachy and his buddy Quade on the Vasona train

Last weekend, we went to a birthday party for Mal's friend Finn.  He had a fantastic time as it was train themed and we got to ride the train around Vasona.  I always forget what a fun park Vasona is...

At the party, Mal played around a lot with another friend of his, Quade.  We do no see Quade too often, but when we do, he and Malachy have a great time together.  Quade is a nice kid.  He is just enough boy for Malachy, but not TOO rough.  Quade also has a ton of allergies, very similar to Malachy's...and he is a twin.  (There are a lot of similarities in our families).  He is also a very verbal kid, so they can actually talk to each other, which I think the both of them like.





A few days later, out of the blue at breakfast, Malachy asked me if Quade could play with him again.  The conversation went like this: 

Mal: Mommy, can Quade come play again?
Me: Sure honey.  I will ask his mommy.
Mal: What is Quade's mommy called? 
Me: Her name is Tara?
Mal: What is Bettie's mommy called?
          (Bettie is Quade's twin sister)
Me: It's the same mommy.  Her name is Tara.
Mal: shaking his head in disbelief, "no..."
Me: Yes, Bettie and Quade have the same mommy.  They are brother and sister. (leads into discussion about twins and sisters and brothers, etc.)
Mal: So, Bettie is Quade's baby?
Me: more explination, blah, blah, blah.
Mal: Showing no more interest in explanation, "So, can Quade come to play with me?"
 
One of the things that is really neat about Malachy at this age is that he has "friends".  He has kids that he likes to play with and others that he does not.  (It's a bonus for me when the kids he likes belong to Mom's I like).  Up until now, he has just shown excitement when I tell him that we are going to see certain kids (I set the social calendar), now he is actually requesting playdates with the kids he likes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment