We have been working a lot on teaching the girls some signs. Malachy is particularly fond of helping out with this. The other morning, I took Tegan into the room to change her diaper. I could hear Mal in the dining room handing Lailah Cheerios one by one, saying "more" (and I assume making the sign for it as well) in between each Cheerio.
It has been a little slower going. I am assuming I had a little more time to teach signs and tricks to Malachy.
Tegan finally gave us our first sign of progress today when she started clapping yay! She is so cute and proud of herself, and of course she is getting tons of positive reinforcement every time she does it.
The cutest part is how excited Malachy is about it. He is such a great brother to them, and when he gets excited about the things they do, I know that he is genuinely interested in them and happy to see them learn and get bigger.
Although...I wonder what tricks he going to teach them that I may not be as excited about...
No comments:
Post a Comment