Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spying babies

The video monitor may be my favorite baby item we own.

With Malachy we decided not to get a monitor because we could hear every peep that came out of the bedroom.  There were so many times that I wanted the video monitor though because I was not sure if I should respond to his cries, or let him work it out.  I used to always say, when we have the next one, I am getting a video monitor for sure.  When we found out there were two, I was even more convinced that we should get one.

It has been tremendously helpful.  We respond differently to the girls.  While we can usually tell their cries apart, at 2:00am, you just hear crying and start to respond.  Now, I can roll over and actually see what is going on before going in the room.

Honestly, the thing I use the monitor for though is to spy on the girls.  Who doesn't like to look at a peacefully sleeping baby?  I have the great pleasure of looking at two peacefully sleeping babies.  I am thankful that they are in fact sleeping.  Tonight when I looked in, I saw that Tegan was sleeping for the first time on her tummy.  Up until now, she would roll onto her tummy and not be able to get off of it, and then cry for someone to turn her over.  There is no crying tonight, just a sleeping baby, cuddled up in her crib, on her tummy, looking so peaceful and sweet.

I wish I could take pictures with the monitor to remember how perfect she looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment