Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Barber Shop (aka our livingroom)

After paying $20 per haircut for Malachy, we took a risk and took him to the $7 place down the street.  To say that haircut was a complete and total disaster would be an understatement.  We went back to the $20 haircut place, but it gets a little pricey when you have a kid with as much hair as Mal has.

About a year ago, I enrolled in a crash course beauty school and decided to cut his hair myself.  The first time I cut his hair, took an hour (the equivalent of 2.5 Wordworld episodes).  

Flash forward to today (another rainy day).  Malachy can barely see where he is going his hair is so long.  Another haircut day.  

I should mention, Malachy LOVES haircuts.  We "play" haircut when we are in pretend mode.  I let him watch Wordworld while I am cutting his hair and at the end, he gets a lollypop.  When I mentioned to him this morning that his hair was too long and he needed a haircut, he begged me to give him one.  One look at this mop and you can see how bad he needed one:
Where are Malachy's eyes?
20 minutes later (less time than it takes to watch an episode of Wordworld), Malachy was once again able to see where he is walking and is happily munching on his watermelon lollypop.
It's not the best haircut ever, but for the price of a lollypop, it's good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment