| The comedic relief in the house hamming it up |
I did not know this, but apparently, he can put his rain boots on by himself. Great to know as it takes both Jake and I forever to get them on him. I discovered this because I was sitting with the girls and turned around to see that he had one boot on. I asked him to put the other one on so I could see him do it.
After getting the other boot on, he opened the door, turned to his grandfather and me and said, "I'll be right back."
For some reason, I humored him and let him go out on the porch. After a minute, I told him he had to come inside, to which he responded, "I'm just checking to see if it's windy outside."
Another case of copying Jake, who often goes out onto the porch to check the weather. (it's usually about 20 degrees colder in our house than it is outside).
After the kids eat breakfast, I read them books while the girls are in their highchairs. After feeding the girls, I asked Mal to bring me a book to read to them. He usually jumps at the opportunity to pick the reading material of the day. At the time he was riding his scooter around the house. He looked up at me and said, "I can't right now. I am busy riding my scooter and my hands are all full with handlebars."
A little while later, he followed his grandpa into the kitchen. Howard opened the refrigerator and was looking around. Mal asked him, do you need a Coke Grandpa? (Jake comes home many afternoons, opens the door and says, I need a Coke).
This was all before 8:30am. Maybe it's because I am his mom, but the kid cracks me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment