The torrential downpour continues. I think we are going to float away. Hopefully to somewhere warmer and drier. In the mean time, we have managed to get some serious puddle jumping in the past few days.
I can hear my grandmothers both telling me that we are going to get pneumonia from being out in the cold and wet, but 10 days of rain makes for a crazy mom. We had to get out. Plus, the puddles were all SO big.
We walked to the bagel store, had a warm drink for mommy and a juice for Malachy and then walked back. Along the way, we walked in puddles and sewer back-up (Mal pronounces it Zooer). Mal did his best to make splashes so big, they would get me wet. We also had to stop along the way to throw spikey balls in puddles and then spit in the sewer, which for some reason is so much fun for Malachy. It's a little tough to get photos and videos with so much water around, but I took a little clip of the fun. You can hear how hard it is raining in the background noise.
Despite a pretty awesome rain coat and his boots, Mal was SOAKED from head to toe in water. The puddles were pretty bag, and it was really coming down while we were out. When I took his rain boots off, they were completely full of water. Totally worth it for a fun morning in the rain, and the warm bath afterwards took the chill off nicely.
No comments:
Post a Comment