The girls have been eating solid foods for almost 3 months now. It has been interesting because Lailah, who was such a reluctant eater when it came to bottles and nursing, is apparently a huge fan of eating solid food. She is fantastic at it and can't seem to get enough. They are really good about eating everything we have tried to feed them, but they have a particular fondness for green beans (of all things). They absolutely LOVE them.
 |
Tegan eating her mum mum and
trying to figure out how to get the
puff in her mouth |
About a month ago, I gave them baby mum mum crackers. They are mostly air, and pretty much dissolve on contact, but they are good practice foods. Lailah once again, did fantastic with them, devouring them in seconds. Tegan had a tougher time coordinating getting the cracker in her mouth (her fine motor skills are not nearly as refined as Lailah's). She now has the hang of it though. We then moved onto "puff puffs" which are like more water soluble cheerios. Lailah is a pro, Tegan needed to still work with the mum mums. So, I would give Lailah a handful of puffs and hand Tegan a mum mum.
 |
| Lailah shoveling puffs into her mouth |
One day, I handed them their finger foods and went into the kitchen to prepare the rest of their food. When I came back in, I looked at Tegan and saw she had finished her mum mum. Since she is usually pretty slow at it, I was surprised. Then I glanced over at Lailah. Some how, she had a mum mum in her hand and was busy polishing it off. She had finished her puffs and stole Tegan's food to finish it! Later that day, we caught her doing it again:
 |
| Watch your food! |
After St. Patrick's Day, we had some leftover carrots and potatoes. On a whim, I diced some up and gave them to the girls. They have been "mashing" their puffs, so I thought they would be able to handle it. Oh boy, did they handle it! They LOVED them! The first night, they had some to eat, but mostly ate their spoon food. Last night, they ate 2 whole carrots and 1 1/2 potatoes. This is all in addition to their normal rice cereal and squash they had. I have NO idea where they put it all! As I used to tell Lailah, "You can't be in this family if you aren't a good eater." Looks like they are passing the test with flying colors!
 |
| My good Irish girls eating carrots and potatoes |
No comments:
Post a Comment