Malachy mimics Jake a LOT. That pretty much means there is a lot of laughing at farts and burps and general foolishness, but every now and then it results in something so unbelievably cute and it reminds me that Jake is a fantastic father and the kids are so sweet because of a lot of the love they receive from him.
Malachy's bed time routine consists of having Jake put him into his jammies. He grabs his binky and fuffies and I read him 3 books (4 if he is super good). Then he goes into his room with Jake where Jake sings the Sh'ma (Jewish bedtime prayer) with him and then another song before Mal gets into bed.
The other night, after we read our books, Malachy told me he was going to put me to bed. He instructed me to lay down in the purple chair. He then grabbed a blanket off the couch and put it over me, wrapped his arms around me and sang me the Sh'ma. Then he sang me part of another song, stroked my hair and gave me a kiss (he even took his binky out to do it) and then said good night.
He walked away, checking on me a few times to make sure I was asleep and then went into the room with Jake so he could be put to bed.
I wish I could be put to bed like that for real every night.
No comments:
Post a Comment