Thursday, September 22, 2011

Good Clean Fun

The tubes of finger paint have been staring at me for probably 2 years, making me feel guilty for not being very indulgent.  I have not been the messy art project mom.  I used to make Malachy color with his markers inside of a box so the marker would not get anywhere.  I never did finger painting with him.  I never really understood the point.
It feels sooo good

Paint...or lipstick?
Pure boredome caused me to cave in.  I was with the girls and we had nothing to do.  Mal was sleeping, so we couldn't leave.  I finally broke out the finger paint.

I can't say that the girls exactly understood the point either, but they did enjoy eating it and the feel of squishing it around.  I am somewhat nervous about seeing what comes out of them after watching them eat the colors of the rainbow.  Thank goodness it's non toxic.

After the painting, a bath was in order.

The girls like to stand up in the bath and say "sit, sit, sit".  I was convinced for quite some time that they thought the definition of sit was stand.  Everything they stand somewhere they are not supposed to, they say "sit".  Well, I have revised my thinking.  I think they know what "sit" means, but they also hear someone tell them to sit every time they stand up on furniture.

Being "Good Girls" in the tub
During the bath, Lailah stood up and started saying "sit".
"Yes," I said.  "Please sit on your bottom."
She immediately sat down, and was happy to be so obedient.  "Sit," she said again.  "Good Girl"
I guess I say that a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment