Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The happiest Day of young Malachy Sarasohn's Life

Months and months ago I had a meeting with someone to talk about paving our driveway and back patio.  I explained to Mal that I had to talk to someone about pouring concrete and that I needed him to be extra cooperative while they guy was at the house to talk.

When I answered the door, Mal ran up excitedly and asked, "Where is the cement truck?"

Drive the skid-steer
Flash forward to last week.  Work had finally begun on the driveway and patio.  The first day brought the skid steer, which was parked in our back yard for a few days.  We played on it and Mal spent 2 days chasing it up and down the driveway watching it work.

While the skid steer was exciting and fun, every morning Mal would wake up and ask, is today the day they are  going to pour?  The poor thing was DYING to see the cement truck up close and personal.

When he woke up on Monday morning and the cement truck was finally here, I thought he was going to wet himself.  He went flying out the door and down the path dying to see how the cement came out of the truck.

When we got close to the truck, things were a little loud, but he was determined to stay there and see the cement come out of the truck.  He was particularly interested in the truck that pumped the cement from the truck to the back of the driveway. (he initially thought it was a wood chipper).

It goes to 11
The entertainment from all the trucks, equipment and construction more than made up for the fact that we have not been able to go out and play in the sand box or back yard.

I may say that being up close and personal with some much construction equipment may have been the most exciting time in your Malachy Sarasohn's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment