Monday, September 19, 2011

Button Pushing Heaven

I always knew Mal loved going to the hardware store, but it is usually Jake who goes with him, so I have no idea what they do. 

We needed to get a few things to sink into the concrete that is being poured at the house, so Mal and I headed over to Lowe's this weekend.  We had no real plans for the day, so we had the time to just wander around the store. 

The Halloween aisle was a bit scary (we are going to have to work on that one), but we did get to chase a fork lift around the store and watch it.  The guy driving it even offered to let Mal climb in and honk the horn. He suddenly got shy and declined, but was excited to be up close and personal with one of his favorite machines.  We also entertained the store employees when Mal pushed me around the store on a flatbed cart while I rested. It was a win-win for both of us.

The real jackpot however, came when we stumbled upon the aisle full of outlets and light switches.  It was a full 15-20 minutes of full on button pushing, light switch flipping bliss.

Flippin out and pushing some buttons
Aaaahhhh, the simple pleasures of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment