Sunday, September 18, 2011

In the dough...er Doh

The Machine
Uncle Tylor and Auntie Sarah brought Mal some Play-Doh when they came to visit.  We have never had Play-Doh in the house because Mal used to be allergic to it (there is wheat in it) and then I just never thought he was that interested in it.  He has it at school and I never see him play with it.

I was wrong.

We have played with it every day since it's arrival on the scene weeks ago.  Mal is obsessed.  If he is not cooperating, I threaten to not let him play with the Play-Doh.  Nothing motivates him like the possibility of playing with a Doh smooshing machine.

Perplexed by his seemingly new found love of the squishy stuff, I asked him, "Mal, don't you have Play-Doh in school?"

He told me, "Yeah, but we don't have a machine at school!"

Aaahhhh...it's all about the machine!  Of course it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment