Sunday, October 9, 2011

In a hurry to grow up

Mal has been full of funny sayings and observations the past few days.  This one while we were driving home from the grocery store today is one of my favorites.

Mal:  Mooooommmm.  How come I am not growing up to be big like Daddy?
Me:  Honey, it takes a while.  It will be a long time before you are big like Daddy.

Mal:  But I don't want it to take a long time.
Me:  But it's fun being a kid.  When you grown up like Daddy, you have to go to work all the time.  That is no fun.

Mal:  But I just really like the front seat.  I want to sit in the front seat, so I have to hurry up and get big like Daddy.

We got home and I let him hang out in the front seat for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment