Saturday, February 26, 2011

Malachy, the super sitter

After 2+ weeks of continuous illness for Jake, we are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. While Jake has tried to help out here and there, he has been pretty much useless while sick, leaving me and the kids to fend for ourselves. Fortunately we have all survived. I did not think it was really possible to be more tired that I was when the girls were first born, but here I am, utterly exhausted. This morning, Jake gave me the glorious gift of sleep and took on the kids for the morning routine (especially great since Malachy wakes up at 5am.)

After breakfast, Lailah apparently looked a little tired. Jake took her into the room and got her ready for her morning nap. She was not too happy about it. After about 10 minuted for fussing and crying in the room (more than a normal amount of protesting), Malachy said to Jake, "Daddy, Lailah is crying."
Jake responded, "Yes, I know."
Malachy very matter of factly told him, "Daddy, I think you need to go and get her and bring her out here and give her a bottle. Then she will go to sleep."
It was at that point that Jake realized he had not given her a bottle before her nap, as is the routine.

So now I'm thinking...at what age can we start leaving Malachy home to watch his younger sisters...

No comments:

Post a Comment