Both Tegan and Lailah have been squirming around...and I figured that their practice movements had led them to the puzzle pieces (which are pretty much all over the place in the morning). A few days later, I realize they are only getting better at this movement thing...and it's not accidental movement. Lailah spies something she wants, gets a devilish and determined grin on her face, takes aim and then scoots right over to where she wants to be. She is not crawling, but she is close. Tegan is a little less efficient in her movements, preferring to roll to the desired location (but she has a little trouble rolling from her tummy to her back...I suspect this will not last much longer). When she gets to where she wants to go, she looks so incredibly pleased with herself. This is a total game changer...and once again we need to adapt pretty quickly.
It is times like these I remember waiting for what seemed like an eternity for Malachy to crawl...or move...or do something, but he would just sit there. It was only when he started actually efficiently moving around that I realized how lucky we were to have him be content to sit in one place...and even though he was mobile, he never wanted to be anywhere but with us. I am frozen in fear thinking of what it is going to be like trying to chase 2 kids, who will most likely want to go in opposite directions.
Looks like we need to invest in some baby gates...and soon.
Check out the action here:
No comments:
Post a Comment