Another blog with endless musings on the fantastic-ness of our kids...however it is probably only fantastic if you are the parent, or grandparent of said children.
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Golden Morning
Most blogging about kids would leave people thinking that parenting is all puppy dogs and rainbows. I will warn you, before you read any further, the title of this blog post is not as happy as it sounds.
We have to be out of the house every day around 8:45 to get Mal off to school. I leave about 15 minutes to load into the car. Not all mornings go as smoothly as the other day. We recently potty trained / are potty training the girls. This has complicated the morning routine greatly as we now have to make sure 3 kids potty before leaving the house...and 2/3 need adult assistance to get the job done.
Around 8:25 I rev up the engine and get the train ready to head out the door. Some days, the train is right on time and some days we are a little behind schedule. This fine Tuesday morning, the train was running a little late. Looking at the clock, I quickly started getting the kids into the bathroom and out onto the porch for shoes. Mal took care of business and was ready quickly. Here is where it gets ugly.
Lailah did her business, stood up and headed over to the sink to wash up. As I picked up the potty bowl to dump it out, Tegan (who was particularly grumpy and clingy this morning) moved in behind me. I swung around to dump the bowl, but did not realize she was behind me. I accidentally knocked her upside the head, sending the contents flying all over the room, and onto both Tegan and Malachy (who also had creeped back into the bathroom).
At this point, Tegan was screaming her head off as she was already pretty sensitive and I had hit her pretty good with the hard potty bowl. I admit, I was not the best mom as I hesitated a bit before picking her up to comfort her. She was covered with pee. ...as was Malachy and the floor and the walls. Lailah was halfway down the hall to collect her M&M. All I could do was comfort Tegan and laugh.
I got everyone, and the bathroom all cleaned up and got the train back on the track. We were not on time for school.
Also, I miss having the girls in diapers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment