Sunday, October 14, 2012

Built in Bestie

More and more often I have the pleasure of sitting back and just watching the girls play with each other.  They are amazingly cute together.  They talk and have full back and forth conversations in their adorable, sweet voices...the subject matters of which could fill several blog posts.  I could listen to them for hours (until they start to fight at least!)

On this particularly fine Indian summer afternoon, I looked out the kitchen window to check on the girls, who had been way to quiet for way to long.  Usually this means they are merrily making mischief.  On this particular occasion, they had set up shop in the sand box and were making up a meal on the table "tree stump".  They dragged some chairs into the sand pit and were using shovels as spoons and sand molds and a frisbee as plates.  Each time they served or fed one another, they would squeal with laughter.  They went on and on like this for almost an hour.  I even delayed dinner because I didn't want to interrupt their play.  Mal was "helping" Jake do yard work in the front so they were free from the tyranny of their older brother.


Watching they play like this with each other so often every day makes me think that being a twin, or having a twin has to be the greatest thing in the whole wide world.  For all the worries I had about them not getting enough individual attention, I really think they both came out on top because they have each other.  Although I might be the luckiest one since I get to hear this sweetness every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment